R&D as the Source of Ideas
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Invention and Patent
- Design and Development (D+D) – Forward Design
- Reverse Design: Reverse Engineering and Benchmarking (Copying, Imitation and Adaptation)
- Extensive Market Research to explore business opportunities: Societal changes, Demographic changes, etc.
- Feedback: from customers, employees, suppliers, etc. to uncover in-articulated needs
- Previous Experience: Work, Education and Hobby of the Entrepreneurs.
- Creativity (Individual, Group and Organizational): such as lateral thinking, mind mapping, metaphors, and brain storming.
- Symbiotic Ideas: Combining two or more existing ideas for a new application
- Innovation Inspired by Nature (Biomimetics, Biomimicry): new business ideas based on observing natural phenomena. Example: Neuromorphic computing.
- New regulations: AI safety regulations and bias remediation
- Eureka and Serendipity: New business ideas due to unexpected events!